HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant

Tsubine

Snopy Saika

Dai

Silim

Fuji Ren

Yuri

Genpaku

JJ

Ravana

Latest topics
» A New Change
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Snopy Saika

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Snopy Saika

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4319 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Share | 

Underdog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Underdog    Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:29 pm

From the moment Jae Gu had been enrolled into Hephaestus Academy, he wondered why someone like he, so untalented and weak in nature—was chosen to come here. He quickly took to researching everything he could of this school, yet nothing of validity came up. This surprised him, no doubt. There was no way a state-of-the art academy such as this managed to be hidden for so long without at least some headlines on the news. And yet, there was absolutely nothing he had ever heard about this learning facility until now. As mysterious as it was, Jae Gu had decided to come of his own accord despite his growing suspicions.  He knew that, no matter the education, supporting his brother and sister was a top priority.  As long as he could continue to sustain them, there was nothing he wouldn't go through for their sake.
And besides, he felt honored to some extent, being here with a large group of spiritually-endowed humans. It felt like something right out of one those marvel comic books – X men, to be exact.  Conversely, however, he was also frightened at the prospect of entering an academy of physic-defying, super-powered humans. He didn't really have any defining traits that he noticed, his body was strong sure, but that was nothing compared to someone who had body and skill.  And powers… what powers? He never noticed anything out of the ordinary with himself. No light beams shooting from his eyes, no fire streaming from his mouth, or worse, waking up to find himself with blue skin! So… why? Why was someone as plain as him given the chance to come here? 

Unable to find any answers to his question, he quickly exited the bed.  There was little time to formulate answers to a questions yet unanswered. Taking a deep sigh, he went through his every day morning routine.  He prepared breakfast, contacted his brother and sister through a video chat on the internet, and quickly dressed himself. As far as the breakfast was concerned, he hadn't prepared anything large-scale, choosing only to eat two pieces of toast and a small omelet sprinkled with spicy flavorings. Jae Gu decided to cook his lunch as well, preparing a family recipe his mother had always showed him; Korean fried chicken.

Although there still remained sour memories of his mother, one who abandoned him due to the heart-wrenching guilt she experienced as a result of the death of her father, her meals were always what Jae Gu enjoyed coming home to.  As this aroma graced his nose, he could not help but to recall his times of childhood, whereupon finishing his school day, he would return home to a mother with open arms, his father with a big hearty smile, and his two siblings tackling him to the floor. Those were surely memories that would never leave him…. But that was all they were now, memories and nothing more. His mother had mercilessly shattered their bonds, she had hurt him to such an extent that there truly was little he could lament on.  When that day had come where he read her letter, he could do nothing but cry. 

Even though he sheds little tears on the on the outside, he still cries on the inside, wondering when his beloved mother would return, dreaming that they could wipe the slate clean and start it all over.  “Who am I kidding….” He murmured to himself.   In record time, he finished the meal, packed it deftly,  grabbed the coldest soda he could see, and exited his room, walking straight towards the grounds of the academy.  He had quickly reached the entrance, tidying his clothes a few more times. As he witnessed the marvelous grandeur of the academy, he couldn't help but wonder…

Just what sort of wacky adventure awaits me today?

Last edited by Minato Kageaki on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silim

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 am

Every night, before going to sleep - or rather, before he just closed his eyes and waited for a few hours - Zeref wondered if the academy... No, the entire world, would still be there when he opened them again. But once more, his fears didn't come to pass - when he opened the eyes, everything was still there - it still existed. While that would be an odd thing for a normal person to be happy about, Zeref was anything but normal.

And so, the dark mage got up from his bed. Unlike normal people, he also didn't feel tired after just 'waking up', since he never slept anyway. He mostly did it to be closer to being 'human', quite the hard task if you're actually a living shadow, but he at least tried his best. There was no breakfast to be had for him - he rarely, if ever, ate anything. Instead, he simply slipped into his black mage robes, and then grabbed the small, silver plate that had his name and position etched into it.
Zeref - Teacher in the Defense Against the Otherworldly
With the hint of a smile, he fixated the small plate onto his robes, and then opened the only door in the small chamber he used as a bedroom.

And that door led him right into an even darker one. Not that his eyes had any trouble with it, but a human wouldn't be able to see two feet in front of them here - this darkness was supernatural in origin, after all. Gliding through the room more-so than walking, the academy teacher opened the next door - and, with a small sound, the automatic lights in that next room lit up. A classroom - one of the ones in the basement. Zeref took extra care to lock the door behind him with multiple keys - if a student stumbled into that room, there was no guarantee when - and in how many parts - they'd come back out. After all, a lot of dangerous creatures and artifacts were stored there, to serve as examples during class hours.

It'd still be quite a bit until classes started, though. The teacher had gotten up early today, as always, to stand guard at the gates of the academy, to make sure nobody did anything stupid - like entering the compound without their student badges, or sneaking out information about the academy to the outside world. The latter happened a lot less frequently than the former, even though the former was an error that could easily endanger the life of the student who forgot his badge. And so, Zeref closed his eyes - and he was swallowed by a sphere of blackness that seemed to eat all light in the room for a short moment.

Opening his eyes again, Zeref stood to the side of the gate, and leaned against it - waiting. Slowly, the students arrived, in small groups or alone, talking, listening to music, brooding or yawning, the entire spectrum of a normal school - only the few ones that were maybe gliding above ground gave away that this was the Hephaestus Academy, and not just some normal school.

A single student then piqued the interest of the dark wizard, and he looked over at him. There was something about him that gave away an important fact - he was new here. It was the air of wonder and curiosity. And so, Zeref walked over to the young student, even smiling a little - although no normal smile of his could reach his eyes, which just seemed to be dead, black and staring into the distance.

"Good morning. Your first day here with us, I take it?" Still smiling, Zeref reached out his right hand towards the student. "I will be your teacher in the 'Defense Against the Otherworldly' - the name is Zeref. You've been informed and briefed about our rules, I hope? ... You have your badge on you?" For a short moment, Zeref seemed like an actual teacher, strict and truth demanding.

View user profile
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 am

Jae gu took a gander at the sights that greeted him around the entrance to the academy; students frolicking, relaxing, or otherwise preparing to indulge in the vast studies that constituted their learning regimen.  He was intrigued beyond recognition.  The more he witnessed them, however, only served to make him think lesser of himself, attached to a crowd of superhuman peers who could crush him like an ant.  His expression turned somber, though not for long.  Zeref, teacher of defense against the otherworldly, wasted no time in greeting Jae Gu. When he turned to see him, Jae Gu jumped back ever so slightly, out of surprise rather than fear. Calming himself quickly,. Jae gu bowed apologetically, showing his regrets at doing something that someone would find rude.  In appearance, he did not seem as to be a man of menacing account.  

His smile, soft-spoken demeanor, and words were enough to quell any fear that he might be someone…seeking to bully him.  Of course, these were just preconceived notions he had acquired through hearing about the innermost workings of an academy. In addition, he had always had a fear of entering new schools since whenever that certain someone thought of you as fresh meat? The likelihood of you having a wonderful junior year was close to nil, outright impossible in most cases.  In other words, he would do well to keep his distance from any unsavory folk he might found himself coming across. In any case, this Zeref seemed harmless, and appeared to be a teacher, so all of Jae Gu’s worries were fortunately for naught.  

Though one would wonder how someone simple piqued the interest of a magician whose existence was once  housed within the Holy grail, Jae gu knew nothing of his history, thinking of him as a teacher who simply sought to show Jae Gu his way around the academy.  With a polite tinge in his tone, mixed with an overwhelming nervousness, Jae gu answered Zeref with a nod, answering his first question.  He answered the second with his mouth as he said, “Ah yes, I've been briefed on a lot, though much of it is still complicating for me to comprehend, Mr. Zeref. “ When the question of his badge was brought up, Jae gu nodded quickly, reaching inside his bag.  

On his fourth day here, he had forgot to bring his badge, which meant that he had to travel back to his room, then back to the school, which made him late, not to mention the butt of the joke during lunch. Everyone knew it was dangerous to traverse the school without their badge; it was a symbol that not only defined them as a student, but additionally served as an emblem for whenever two wished to prove their mettle in a authorized fight.  Jae Gu showed him his student badge, then quickly placed it inside his pocket.   Now that those two questions had been answered, what else did Zeref wish to ask of this young man?

Last edited by Minato Kageaki on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silim

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:21 pm

[Zeref]

Ah, very nice - for once, Zeref had a NORMAL student before him. Not some multiple personality disorder person, or someone that accidentally breathed fire or anything else... Just a normal student. That was quite the refreshing change, because in this academy, the mundane was far rarer than the extraordinary. When the teacher saw the badge, ne nodded quietly, and his smile returned in full - the student was safe. Not just from other students, though... Also from him. These badges all had a field of protective energy around them, enough to safeguard the un-awakened against the death pulse that erupted from Zeref's body time and time again. Not that this fact was widely known, but it was still quite important.

"If you try comprehending all the rules and regulations, then you're already ahead of many that have been here for years." With a chuckle, Zeref's eyes followed a group of youths that went into the building now - they all looked like deliquents, not wearing any sort of school uniform and with amazingly technicolor hair... Normally, they'd probably try to start trouble with new students like Jae Gu here. However, nobody that had been on this academy for long enough to see Zeref in his own class was still stupid enough to start trouble in his vicinity...

"That reminds me..." With a quick movement, Zeref pulled out a touchpad from the inside of his magician robes, and turned it on. Jae Gu... no spiritual powers, according to the data. Still, it didn't hurt to ask. "Since I can ask you directly: Do you wish to visit my courses? They are not mandatory for you, as you are not of the D Rank. Still, learning about the threats out there that are beyond mortal scope can be quite intriguing, I find... Not a lot of complaints about my classes have been heard so far. And don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have right now... I still have quite a bit of time until I need to teach any of my classes." Really, with his friendly voice and nice tone, you could easily mistake Zeref for someone other than a teacher - especially since he didn't even look that old, at least not today.

View user profile
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Jae gu had to admit, in his honest opinion, this teacher named Zeref was a really kind, welcoming man, bearing no ill-will whatsoever. He wasn't one of those strict teachers ordering students to hurry towards school nor did he seem to have any preconceived notion about Jae Gu. Jae Gu sighed in happiness as the two continued to converse, no doubt satisfied by today's events so far. No bullies, no girls to insult him, no forgetting his badge, and a teacher who was making Jae gu feel right at home. "Ha... i wish... but still, alot of it is confusing, and i still feel like a neophyte compared to all these super human individuals around me. Honestly.... i have no idea why i was enrolled here. Though i do respect everything here so far, i'm not.... really superhuman. I can't leap great distances, i don't have exotic colored skin - thank god - , and i don't think i could handle myself in a fight. In other words, i'm your typical run-of-the-mill loser. Hopefully, in saying that, though, no one tries to well... you know, think of me as a target and bully me. " Before Jae Gu could continue, Zeref asked him another question, an offer more or less. Jae Gu listened intently to the question, wondering if he had heard it correctly. He didn't have any qualms, of course, but what interest did someone like him hold in the eyes of Zeref? He hesitated for a moment, but answered quickly. "I... would really enjoy that, teacher. You're a very kind man, so visiting a course that you teach would probably be great for me, a real honor! "

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 pm

[Zeref]

With a happy smile, Zeref tapped a few icons on his pad, and Jae Gu was officially added to the still rather small list of people that would attend this years course of Defense Against the Otherworldly. Not that many people wanted to visit just yet, and only few D-Ranks were around to be forcefully enrolled this semester. Still, he'd give his best lectures as always, and teach his students about the horrors out there... and how to survive, no matter their strength. In the end, a sharp wit could outperform any monster.
"Do not worry too much. Most students here are able to see ghosts and nothing more - only very few arrive with developed powers. There is potential within you, quite a bit of it, that is why you were chosen. Your words are very kind, as well. I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine..." Putting a few more notes down on his tablet, Zeref looked over his shoulder at the building that was his home now. Such a beautiful, breathing and living place.
"A lot of people start out as 'losers', my boy. Nobody gets born all-powerful, you know. With enough studying and dedication, you can surely become someone greater than you are now, and surpass limits both natural and imaginary. There are no boundaries you can't break with the education provided here." Zeref checked a few more of the icons on his pad.
"Second period today will be your first lesson in my class. It is the last room down in the underground of the main building. Do you have any other classes now? If so, I can bring you there. After all, I'm the reason you've been stuck here chatting away."

View user profile
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:10 pm

No words could explain how jubilant Jae Gu felt at being enrolled into a class under one of the kindest teachers he had ever meet at this school so far.  He didn't have a menacing demeanor nor did he possess a cold, calculating personality that Jae Gu may have feared. After all, when enrolling into a academy for the supernatural,  there were many factors at play one had to consider.  Personalities of individuals, mannerisms, mindsets, goals.... all that and more is what Jae gu would have to pay attention to.  There were ambitious people here, kind patrons, and bullies.

Oh, how he hoped he would be able to meet someone so kind as Zeref! He couldn't help but smile inwardly, as a feeling of confidence began to generate inside his form.  He was so use to deeming himself a loser, and yet Zeref was encouraging him that he could becoming something great. It was an indescribable feeling he would never extinguish within his heart.  In any event, he shouldn't tarry any longer.  As far as he knew, he didn't have that many classes.  

From all the ones he could have pursued, he picked ones that were really simple in nature yet still difficult. Boxing, Kendo, body conditioning, none of these deal with the  realm of supernatural,  and so Zeref's class would be the very first he had ever delved into.   Even better, he didn't have to attend these classes yet, so he could go with Zeref and continue this conversation.  "Actually, none of my classes are happening just yet, so i would really love to attend one and see what i'll be getting into. I feel really inspired to be in this class, if you don't mind my saying, teacher. " No truer words had ever been spoken from his lips.

Last edited by Minato Kageaki on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silim

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm

[Zeref]

Well, this was quite unusual for Zeref as well! Not many students were this enthusiastic about Defense Against the Otherworldly, and he really liked it when people took his subject seriously. Aside from some confidence issues, Jae Gu seemed like a perfectly viable contestant for learning about how to properly survive many encounters - even if Zeref couldn't teach him how to fight. His subject was 'Defense', the survival, not how to take them out. Which was exactly why everyone, powered or not, was allowed to take the class.
The black wizard smiled his strange smile - both happy and sad, in some way that was just not quite clear to humans. He really was happy - as happy as someone like Zeref could be, considering how conflicted he was every single day. But within this academy, he had friends and students that liked him, so that was enough reason to stay here. This place was also guarded against his natural influence.

"Splendid, splendid. I'll give you an introduction, then! A sneak peak, if you will. There are a lot of subjects I cover, and most only scratch the surface to allow for defense. Come with me." Motioning his student to follow him, Zeref set out for the main building of the academy, which housed the non-physical educations - for the most part. This academy was quite renowned for falling into 'orderly chaos' quite often. But that was the beauty of it - the academy was alive, in a way, and reacted to the world around it in interesting ways.
"You've probably heard this, but I'm just going to repeat it for the sake of covering all bases. There are four universes directly connected that we know of - Earth, the plane we are currently on. Soul Society, where pure souls of the dead - and born souls - reside, the home of the Shinigami, guides of dead souls. Hueco Mundo, the world of Hollows, filled with terrors that attempt to devour souls. And the 'Sugiura Dimension', as most people call it. You should know that I originated from there, as I am not human. That world houses great wonders - and terrors. Most 'Otherworldly' creatures we will cover originate from there. Though, I must admit - many of these things could come from other worlds, dimensions we can't normally access or visit. We cannot be sure, so I teach how to identify threats and how to survive them."
Explaining the basics of his subject was quite easy, even if it could get lenghty with specifics. While talking, Zeref lead his student down the stairs in the main hall - down to the underground classrooms. These were mostly used for storage - and for keeping things hidden that the students shouldn't see. Of course, most of Zeref's 'belongings' shouldn't be seen by people without initial knowledge.

Leading Jae Gu down a hallway, Zeref stopped infront of a room, barred by a large, iron door, with a keycard panel next to it and a normal keyhole in addition to it.
"This room is what I wanted to show you. In here, I hold a variety of supernatural creatures - none of them are particularly dangerous, since I keep them in a weakened state. Still, I must ask you one thing." For a moment, the friendly Zeref turned into a stern teacher as he looked upon Jae Gu. "Do not touch anything without asking, or you might get hurt. But, feel free to ask about anything you see in there. Also, before we enter... if we even enter... there is one very real concern." Zeref raised his index finger and tapped himself on the forehead.
"These creatures are not from this planet, and do not conform to your logic or physics. Make your mind free of thus assumptions - otherwise, you'll have a bad headache later. Are you certain that you want me to show you this room?"

View user profile
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 am

Jae Gu was excited. He could barely maintain himself as he felt a surge of adrenaline burst throughout his body. Perhaps this is what they called the “thirst” for learning. There was no doubt in the mind of the young man.  As he followed Zeref towards the course he would be participating in, Jae Gu felt confident in himself, whereas initially, his first day here was humiliating.   His bad luck was starting to look like a myth of the past compared to the day he was experiencing now.  

However, he was cautious.  He knew that Zeref’s explanations of the other worlds were nothing to scoff at, though he possessed little to knowledge of the otherworldly.  Earth, Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, the Sugiura Dimension…. Jae gu could do nothing but listen on with wonder at how other planes beyond planet earth existed. It was almost as if he were thrown into another world.  

Traversing the stairs of the main hall, the two would finally reach their destination – that is to say, a door barred by iron with a keycard panel in addition to a basic key hole.  When they stopped, Zeref took care to quickly turn around, and as he did, he took on a much more stern expression.  

He was warning of him of what he would be experiencing should he go through this door.  And though Jae Gu would normally run away like a coward, he was peacefully brave. And besides, with a teacher like Zeref to guide him, what was the worst that could occur?

He nodded. “Even though there is so much to swallow, I have no fear whatsoever.  I fully intend to learn everything that you wish to teach me – and hey, I’ve already experienced being around supernatural people – meeting otherworldly creatures doesn’t sound half bad…. Though I hope they don’t bite me. “With that small joke, Jae gu prepared himself for what he would see once he entered through that door.

Last edited by Minato Kageaki on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silim

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:08 pm

[Zeref]

Alright then... it seemed as if this really was what Jae Gu wanted. Zeref wasn't going to refuse it, then - although he didn't exactly agree on his student's outlook of not having fear on him. It was always a good idea to be afraid of that thing that went bump in the night - and Jae Gu was about to step into a room filled with these things. Nodding towards his student, he turned to the door and took out a card from his robes. The keypad blinked once and then turned green once he swiped it over - then, the key. For this one, Zeref had to search a few more of his pockets until he was finally able to find it. The key was massive, fitting for the door - almost as big as Zeref's hand. It seemed nearly impossible to replicate, too, considering how fine it was crafted, even though it was so big.
Sliding it into the keyhole, Zeref had to turn it five times until all of the secondary locks sprang open. The big, metal door looked a lot more menacing with each click of the internal locks, and when Zeref finally pulled on the handle, it began to open without even a small sound - a bit of what seemed like cold mist flooded out of the room and dispersed itself in the hallway. Even though it moved without a sound, it still took the mage a few moments to fully open it. The lights in the room behind the door all lit up, and with a motion of the hand towards Jae Gu, Zeref entered into his room of the more harmless creatures that he had collected for his students.

Inside, the room seemed a lot less menacing, but the air was quite a bit cooler than normal in Academy City. The floodlights in the ceiling illuminated everything - but if that was a completely positive thing could be questioned. In the room, multiple rows of tables, shelves, all pushed together in varying patterns that all made some semblance of sense - it looked like a see-through labyrinth of weirdness.
On the tables and shelves, multiple things awoke and eyed the newcomers. In a glass box near the door, something small with a white mask hissed at Jae Gu - it had a hole in it's 'chest'. A miniature Hollow, taken directly from the sands of Hueco Mundo. In another glass box, filled with murky water, two red eyes looked at both Zeref and Jae Gu in a weird pattern of some sorts. And in the back of the room, in a cage, multiple plants were growing - some looking like a weird collection of violet, pulsing vines, a small tree that was clearly secreting blood, and a rose completely dyed black. Not just leaves with black colorings - no, it was COMPLETELY black. Not reflecting any light, only the outlines could even be clearly seen by the human eye - it moved every so slightly, as if to look at the people that had woken it up.
Not all of the things in the room were waking up, though. On one table, in a cage, something small and red continued sleeping, curled into a ball - upon closer inspection it revealed itself to be a small, cute dragon. Maybe it was awake, maybe it wasn't, but it didn't really seem to care about either of the two. In fact, the cage it was in was atually open - it could just fly out whenever it wanted. Other things here were simply objects - amulets made out of pink and black metals never seen on earth, a ring that had the same weird, black properties as the rose in the back, multiple masks, some looking like they came from Hollows, others that looked like metal. One even looked like it was made out of leather - and the coloring gave it away as human skin turned into leather. Not very pleasant. Multiple books were stacked in one of the shelves as well, each with a more disturbing name than the last one - and a few of them with titles composed out of runes, which probably held worse secrets. Some of these books had even been confiscated from students, too.

From another glass box, a hissing could be heard now. A big, white snake was curled up in there, eyeing Zeref and completely ignoring his student - it seemed afraid, as far as reptiles could seem so. In fact, most sentient or at least living things in the room seemed to instinctively back away from Zeref, as if they feared him more than anything else in the world.
"Take a look around, and ask away if you have any questions. These are all supernatural threats of varying degree to humans."

Furthermore, behind the various collections of otherworldly things, was a second, MASSIVE door at the end of the room. Instead of one keypad, it was secured with one on each side, and multiple locks for keys even bigger than the one Zeref used to open this room. And as if that wasn't enough, big, heavy metal chains hung from the door to keep it in place even more. Disturbingly, the ground in front of the door looked as if something had almost managed to break it open from the inside before. In gold letters, right above the door, a message was written.

Don't Open, Angel Inside

View user profile
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 am

Jae gu momentarily allowed a single ounce of regret to flow through his mind. He had indeed thought he would be fearless coming in but as soon as the door closed, it was as if shivers were attacking his spine in unrelenting succession. Alas, in order to keep face before his teacher, he held himself erect as he allowed his eyes to obverse the mysteries lying dormant within this room. Although he somewhat cursed himself at his confidence from before, standing within this room was not completely unbearable. The sheer fact that he was even allowing someone as plain as Jae gu to witness these otherworldly wonders was enough to bolster whatever resolve he had left.

However, even that resolve was quickly fading away as he continued to walk through the room. Amid these frightful creatures, there was one creature in particular that caught his eye. His gaze, no longer one of fear, seemed much more lively as he inspected the baby dragon from afar. It reminded him of a dragon from a children's television show he constantly watched as a child.

Humorously, Jae gu directed his attention towards Zeref, pointing towards the small dragon as he asked, "How could something this adorable be a threat to humans?" Jae gu was truly at odds with how something this harmless could kill humans. Of course, he had to suspend his disbelief if he wished to retain his sanity upon leaving this room.

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 pm

[Zeref]

The black mage observed his student carefully as he entered the room. He could almost smell the fear within Jae Gu now - not surprising. This room was only housing minor threats, but even they were quite terrible when compared to what you'd normally meet on the street. But that was just what his class was there for - to be prepared when they showed up on the street after all. Wouldn't want people to go around picking up weird stone masks and accidentally transforming themselves into blood-hungry vampires, or anything like that. It had happened before.
Observing Jae Gu filled Zeref with a certain type of pride. Most of the people you'd generally classify as 'bullies' wouldn't have the guts to even join his class, much less look around a room filled with enough subjects to teach an entire semester or two on otherworldly threats. Of course, Zeref planned to go through this entire room in maybe half a Semester - his teaching style was quite different from most people, but highly efficient in preparing his students.

Zeref smiled at the words from Jae Gu, and followed his gesture with the eyes to the small red dragon. Yes, it really looked adorable.
"That is one of the rarest kinds of Guardian Beasts left in the worlds - a fire dragon, named Ignus. He doesn't understand human language and is still quite young, but his flames are hot enough to cause serious burns. Really, he's here to be protected just as much as I protect people from him." Slowly, the dark wizard walked over to the cage, and tapped the dragon on the back with one finger. Shortly after, a long, high-pitched yawn could be heard, as the dragon uncoiled from it's position and looked around in the room.
Like this, he looked very beautiful - the red scales shone in the light like rubies, and the creature seemed quadrupal - although the front paws were formed somewhat like hands. All four paws were adorned with completely black claws, each one apparently retracted to some degree. On it's back, the creature had two wings growing from the shoulders, both folded together, resembling those found on bats. The, relative to it's small size, long neck ended in a snout formed like a reptilian, but with more expressionate features, all together with two large, emerald green eyes - as they locked onto Jae Gu, they shone with intelligence and strong will. The tail of the being had some boney spikes at the end, which had apparently been trimmed and dulled a bit. All in all, the dragon was roughly the size of a terrier dog, but seemed to be quite light for being a flying lizard, considering the build of the body.

"Good morning, Ignus. Why don't you go over and say hello? He's a nice kid, you'll like him." This time, Zeref wasn't speaking to his student - and thus, he spoke in the old Guardian Beast dialect, a language that humans had much difficulty understanding, yet alone replicating, as many of the words spoken sounded completely counterintuitive for humans. On a scale, this language ranked the same as the hardest of the human languages, with writing being about as hard as japanese, thanks to their own rune alphabet and rules in writing. All in all, Jae Gu probably didn't understand any word besides the name of the small dragon, Ignus. Now, the red being jumped out of its cage with a graceful leap, before extending the wings right above the shelves that were housing the other supernatural threats, and floated through the air like a dancer - for such a small creature, he was certainly a beauty. Without making much of a sound, the dragon landed in a peculiar place - on Jae Gu's shoulder, coiling around his neck halfway, resting it's head slightly pushing against Jae Gu's face. And oddly enough... he seemed to be purring.
"It seems as if Ignus has taken a liking to you. It is said that even the youngest dragons are very good judges of character."

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underdog    

Back to top Go down

Underdog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: New Horizons :: Living World :: Hephaestus Academy :: Academy City-
Jump to: