HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff



Top posters
SerenityVerdant
 
Tsubine
 
Snopy Saika
 
Dai
 
Silim
 
Fuji Ren
 
Yuri
 
Genpaku
 
JJ
 
Ravana
 
Latest topics
» A New Change
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Snopy Saika

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Snopy Saika

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Share | 
 

 Time's up [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Time's up [Closed]   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm

The wind gently blew snow across the forest. The fluffy white ice crystals lay thick on the ground. They had covered his body in a blanket as he lost consciousness. The frozen precipitation felt strangely warm on his skin. It seemed to envelop him with it an unnatural warmth.
'S...ki.....'
A strange whispering in his ears. The unintelligible words would not be interpreted. He tried to recall the sound.
'S....i...'
The voice seemed to become fainter the more he strained to hear it. He tried to move to no avail. He couldn't feel his own body. He tried to feel for his fingers, his limbs-- he couldn't move.
"Ikiru!"
(Live)
His eyes opened. His breathing began slow as he blinked a few times. "Ungh..." he could feel his body now, but it was no improvement. He felt pain as well as a crippling immobility. He tried to assess his situation but all he could figure out was that it hurt all over. His mind and vision were both foggy and they didn't seem like they would clear up anytime soon. He squinted very hard to try to improve his vision. His surroundings started to lighten up. Red. Red... 'Chi?..' (Blood) he silently identified the color. And then everything came into a sharp focus. He drew in a sharp breathe of air, gasping because of the waves of pain that suddenly washed over him. He was injured for sure. The damage was serious, many of his ribs were probably broken. He remembered the blood and stared. 'Chi...' (Blood) he thought to himself again. There was blood. A lot of it. Everywhere. He was drenched in fresh blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 pm


So this was why she was called out so suddenly? What exactly was here? She was given little to no information about it. Kaminari Hatakeyama, Captain of the Fifth Division within the Gotei, had been called away from a rather important training session with one of her subordinates to check out a certain area within the Rukongai to confirm the presence of some new energy source that had recently shown up. Well, the presence was definitely confirmed. She walked through an area covered in what looked to be snow, but Kaminari doubted it actually was. "Hm..." she continued making her way forward until she felt the source of an energy drawing near. Unfortunately, Kaminari's lack of information on what was going on here had her on her guard. She was ready to draw her Zanpakutō at any moment if she heard even the strangest of sounds. Out of the corner of her eye, Kaminari caught a glimpse of something. A man was laying on the ground in what looked to be blood, though was it his own? She cautiously made her way over to him, stopping a few feet from his body and merely staring blankly down at his limp form without any real concern behind her expression.

"Can you speak?" she said, her tone harsh and demanding. Kaminari's eye shifted around the area, noting the freshness of the blood he was laying in. This only put her on her guard more, so she reached to her side, grabbed the hilt of her Zanpakutō, and unsheathed it. Kaminari wasn't one to attack a man when he was down, so her intentions were merely to ward off the potential threats that may be looming in the area around them both. "I'm not stepping a foot closer until I get some sort of confirmation that you're not the enemy. What's your name?" Kaminari asked him, giving him a moment to answer, "What happened here? To you?" Kaminari may have seemed very direct in her questioning, slightly harsh since there was a seemingly badly injured young man in front of her, but who could blame her? With her luck, some person was going to jump out of the shadows behind her and stab her through the back the moment she decided he was worth helping.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 pm

"Can you speak?" a nearby voice called out. It was clearer than the other. He tried to turn his head and was instantly answered by a sharp pain in his neck. The damage he had sustained was a bit more severe than he had thought. "Ah... Aah...." he managed to choke out while panted. "I'm not stepping a foot closer until I get some sort of confirmation that you're not the enemy. What's your name?" the footsteps stopped a few feet away from him. ''Kono hitto.... Kowai?... Jigou...' (This person... Scared?... No that's not it...) he tried to analyze the person. He couldn't see her after all, he could be her enemy for all he knew. He picked up on her question "What's your name?" ''Ore no... Namae....?'' (My... Name...?) he looked for an answer.

Nothing

"What happened here? To you?" the voice was demanding. She was armed and ready. He could almost hear her strength in her words. His brain went back to her questions. 'What happened... Koko...' (This is.. {"where" bad context sorry}) he questioned himself. He was again met with silence. He had no idea what had happened, who he was, or where he was. "Ah..." he coughed out trying to speak again. Panic had begun to infect his composure. Then that fleeting voice echoed in his mind 'Ikiru!' It was a beautiful sound. He took a moment to close his eyes and take it in. It was so sincere in it's tone. It was filled with an honest desire. Now that his mind was clearer he preserved it in his memory... Which wasn't all that hard considering he was kinda missing the rest of it. He opened his eyes and felt a new energy. The pain hurt a little less and his breathing became a little more even. He had to know. He had to know who cared...

"Ta...Taskete... kure..." (Ha...Help... me)

P.S. I would've LIKED to center those but yeah. On dat fone.. Also I apologize if if was bad or had grammar mistakes. Can't really look over it o 3 o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 am


Kaminari wasn't exactly getting an answer from this person. In fact, looking at him more she realized that he really was hurt. Closing her eyes and concentrating on her surroundings, she waited to see if she would sense anything. After realizing that nothing seemed to be in the area, she sighed out of irritation and stepped closer to him. If he tried anything in his condition, she'd be able to take him out quite easily. Of course, she had been hiding her power this entire time, so it's not like he would be able to tell exactly how powerful she was. Let's just hope he wasn't foolish enough to charge her. Anyways... Upon further examination of the man's body, Kaminari realized he wasn't injured, at least on the outside. The fact that he seemed to have trouble moving bothered her. She wasn't sure whether it'd be smart to move him, though what would she do? She didn't exactly know very much healing Kidō at all, which was stupid considering her skill in Kidō. "Alright, I'm going to try and help you..." Kaminari reassured him, though she was not sure what she was even going to do. Glancing around at the blood and snow like stuff that was surrounding them, it was obvious that something big happened here. Kneeling down next to him, she sighed and held a worried expression. "Look... I don't exactly know much healing Kidō, but I do know the very basics. Be still so I don't fuck something up." she told him. Taking a deep breath and having a 'here we go' attitude about this entire situation, Kaminari stuck her Zanpakutō in the ground next to her and held the palms of her hands over his back. After a few moments of concentration, her hands  began to glow a dim yellowish-white color. This was going to be hard. Not only did she have to seriously concentrate on what she was doing because she didn't know healing Kidō too well, but she had to keep herself alert to the area around her. She had no idea what happened here and was wary that some enemy would show up. "Is there anyway you can tell me where it hurts?" she asked him, concentrating on his upper back at first to make sure those vital organs got any treatment they might have needed.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 pm

"Alright, I'm going to try and help you..." the voice had approached him. He had not anticipated this outcome, but he welcomed the good fortune. He waited as she knelt down beside him. "Look... I don't exactly know much healing Kidō, but I do know the very basics. Be still so I don't f*** something up." an honest statement. He was able to further analyze her: a leader or a low rank. She had to be a humble and open leader or a low rank too weak to complain. He found his answer as she began. The control, the reiatsu, her Kidō technique was refined- clean. She was right on the mark with her target, the back area where she placed her hands was right above the chest area where he'd taken the initial blow. The impact of what was probably a tree healed nicely too. As a bonus his respiratory system was in that neighborhood as well. He felt the healing more than she was giving. He ventured to turn his head. Beauty.

His half open eyes admired the beautiful savior as he readied himself to speak. "Thank you," he clearly stated. Pleased with his speech he continued "You must be truly talented if this is your weak point. Defensive Kidō is my specialty and you're doing just fine". He almost cracked a smile before catching himself. He suddenly felt a need to stop. It seemed like he didn't want to become friends for some reason. This reminded him of the memory issue. "About your questions... I.. Can't remember anything..." he whispered his eyes spacing out. He glanced at himself and his mind began to feed him tidbits. He was dressed in a civilian's clothing. He was a shinigami. He was covered with someone else's blood. The emotions were kept out of his reach. There was little meaning to the returning knowledge. He suddenly remembered saying he specialized in Kidō. It just came out. He was feeling up for it. "I think... My injury is more towards the front. So if I could..." he explained as he slowly moved. He didn't believe for a second that she would just put her guard down after taking so many precautions. He gradually pushed himself against the ground with one hand as he slowly flipped over. "Here." he gestured winded. He motioned to the area around his lower ribcage. Now that his face could be seen attached to his body. In this helpless condition he couldn't look his age even if he tried. The frailty shaved years off of his appearance reducing him to a young teenager just past his preteens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:06 am


It seemed her healing was doing a decent job because he was able to speak a bit easier. She must have hit the perfect spot to heal, though she was merely guessing to heal the more vital area. He was right though. From what she could tell, the healing was doing quite well, which was shocking since she knew so little. She didn't reply to him because of how much she was really concentrating on healing this stranger, but when he said he couldn't remember anything, she wondered how exactly he knew his specialty was defensive Kidō. Selective amnesia? "Just be glad that this doesn't seem to be your blood." she finally spoke up, feeling that he should be able to move on his own pretty soon, "If it was, you would have likely bled out by now." Kaminari took a deep breath and decided to intensify the healing. She was doing pretty well and getting the hang of it, so she didn't feel the need to heal to slowly anymore. As she continued healing, he suddenly decided to move. Kaminari quickly stopped the healing and watched him struggle to flip over. Kaminari raised her eyebrow as he motioned towards his rib cage and then nodded. "Alright, be still." she told him as she took a deep breath. She placed her hands over his rib cage and began the healing process once more, this time trying to heal a little quicker. "So you say you remember nothing, right?" she spoke up, trying to make a little conversation while healing him, "Do you feel any pain in your head? Most people lose memory after suffering from a traumatic event or taking one hell of a blow to the head." Kaminari continued to heal him for a bit more and then finally stopped. "How does it feel now? Do you think you can stand?" she asked him and stood up herself. Feeling like she could probably trust him not to do anything stupid, especially in his condition, she pulled her Zanpakutō from the ground and stuck it in it's sheath. She also knew she had her own ways of dealing with sneak attacks, so there was no point in keeping it out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 am

He decided to close his eyes for a bit. As he started to feel better he played with the grass beside his hand. He felt at ease around the stranger. Of course... she was healing him. He almost fell asleep until her voice suddenly rang out, "Just be glad that this doesn't seem to be your blood." 'Then... How did I get covered in all this blood?' he thought opening his eyes. This was no scrape or cut. He was covered with a lot of blood, and it was fresh. "If it was, you would have likely bled out by now." "But then... Who died...?" He whispered softly.

As she directly healed the injury, she began prompting him with questions. He wasn't sure how it all made sense. He was suffering from a blow in the front that has probably knocked him backward into something but he didn't feel any physical pain in his head. So that ruled out the possibility of the head injury. To him, it didn't seem that he couldn't remember because it wasn't there, it seemed like his memory was floating around and he couldn't grab at it. "How does it feel now? Do you think you can stand?" 'Yes... I have to' he responded silently. When she turned away to sheathe her weapon. "Nngh.." He grunted trying to push himself up. As he struggled he noticed his body felt rigid. It felt like it hadn't been moved in ages. He tried again, and the motion came to him. He gripped the hilt in his hand, dug the sheathe into the ground and sat up straight. "Kuh..." He gripped at his chest panting. He wasn't prepared for the movement and he hadn't totally recovered. He looked over to see a weapon in his hand. As he stared he noticed how his grip tightened. 'I know your name......' He blinked and shook his head. "Yeah... Let's go." He added as he stood up on his own. He strained himself with the basic locomotives: standing, walking... He took a step away from her standing independently.

"Where to?"


Last edited by Wil on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 am


"But then... Who died...?"

That question rang in her ears like a choir of bells. He was right. Someone, or something, had lost all of this blood and she could not see or sense anything within the immediate area. Unfortunately, she had no answer for it, but it definitely bothered her. Trying to push the thought off, she continued healing him until finally she finished. She asked if he could stand, turned away to sheath her weapon, but as she did so she heard him struggling, so she turned towards him to aid just enough to get him completely to his feet. She noticed the look he gave his weapon, but pushed that off as well. Once he was ready, he would remember whatever he needed to remember. There was no point in bothering a man who was already hurt over things he could not control. After a moment, he pushed himself to his feet pretty much on his own and Kaminari took a step back. "Where to?" he asked, causing Kaminari to blink a few times. "Hm." she glanced back in the direction of the Seireitei, "Might as well head in that direction. I'll bring you back to the Seireitei and see if the actual healers there can help you remember." Motioning for him to follow, Kaminari turned her back to him, obviously attempting to be trusting of this new person, and began traveling towards the Seireitei. Once again, she was heading back to Squad Four. This was going to be the third time in such a short while. She had been trying not to make this habit, but so far it seemed it was going to become one. After a few moments of walking, Kaminari decided to attempt to make conversation, though that was really harder than one would think. "So, is there anything you remember at all?" she asked him. That was really all she could ask. He didn't know who he was, so she couldn't ask about that. "What about where you're from?" she added onto her question, hoping to jog some memory of his. She was pretty stuck. There was nothing she could say at this point, so if he had nothing he could answer with, she'd likely just stay quiet until they made it back.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 am

He turned his head to see her. She motioned for him to follow and lead the way. He miscalculated. She seemed to trust him. She was either a lot stronger or dumber than he had guessed. He faced forward and took a deep breathe before following after her. He struggled to will each step forward but refused to let it show. He kept his face composed and minimized any hobbling.  "So, is there anything you remember at all?" He thought about it for a second before answering. "There was this voice that..." He began and suddenly ended. He had let that slip. He wouldn't even have shared that if he wasn't holding back. Sadly he must have been too focused on walking. He looked away as they continued. "What about where you're from?" Where did he come from? He couldn't think of anything, yet he didn't want to leave her hanging. But he also felt an internal conflict with his restraint. He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration.

While he was in deep (trivial hue) thought. He remembered the last glimpse before he closed his eyes. Snow... It was snowing. It was around the end of the year and that was the first snow. That winter had obviously passed so he asked about the date. "What's today's date?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:40 pm


Kaminari was getting a strange feeling, though she was likely wrong. The fact that he remembered nothing really bothered her, but when he started to answer about a 'voice' or something like that, he stopped. It wasn't exactly smart to keep something from her, especially when she was trying to help you. Seeing as he seemed to refuse to answer her question after, she turned her head slightly back towards him and narrowed her eyes in both suspicion and irritation. "Hm..." Kaminari opened her mouth to ask yet another question that was likely going to be unanswered, but she was stopped when he countered with a question of his own. "October Fifteenth, Twenty-one hundred..." Kaminari narrowed her eyes more, wondering why she answered his question when he held back the answers to hers. She would have even accepted an 'I don't know' or something along those lines. Not a half-assed one that stopped down the middle. Kaminari stopped walking and turned fully towards him, the angry expression still being held. "Look, I was kind enough to not only heal a stranger laying what seemingly was half dead in the middle of no where.. and then offer to bring him back to my home for treatment, when I know jack shit about who he is." Kaminari told him, a bit more than a little irritation in her voice, "If someone is nice enough not to just leave you there and die, it's usually known to be courteous enough to actually answer their damn questions, especially when all they've shown you is kindness and there are probably a few other things they could show you if you piss them off. Don't you think it's safer for someone who seems to remember jack shit, not to anger the one helping them... Hm?" Kaminari usually wouldn't have gone this route when speaking to someone, but the likelihood of him being more or even equal to her skill and power was quite low. Beyond that, she was the one that risked her own safety to heal and trust this guy. She felt she deserved at least a little credit and trust having done that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm

"Ah-...uh..." he stammered as she turned on him in an instant. She went from ethereal savior to angry woman faster than he could blink. He had to stop walking to take in her irritation. It was so sudden that it cracked his composure as he blushed. He was still out of it, and he tried to hide his embarrassment by looking away. "Well I... uh.." He began to apologize until she spat out the date. The rest of her vented feelings just went over his head. 'October Fifteenth.... Twenty one hundred?...' his world seemed to quake a little. His breathing became uneven as his head was suddenly struggling to grasp the information. 'Twenty one hundred...' he repeated as he put a hand to his face. His head began to ache as it tried to compute. "It's... been just about a hundred years...." he murmured, slowly quieting down. His eyes darkened and he seemed a little pale. He wasn't so shocked that he had been gone for a hundred years. He felt defeated in his search for that voice that he yearned for. It seemed futile before he even began. Sure time was different after death but this wasn't just a handful of years and ordinary people. "The voice that woke me up is gone..." he said softly. He stared at the ground and resumed walking in the same direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
avatar

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 pm


Kaminari really had to wonder why she was helping this guy. It's not like she had to. She had merely been sent out here to check out a strange power source that had been detected. Could this kid have been that power source? Doubtful. His power seemed like her own, of Shinigami origin, and it wasn't exactly the largest amount of it. Letting out a sigh, she shook her head in annoyance at the fact that what she said seemed to fly over his head. Sure, she didn't give him the best time to respond to her rantings, but she expected a bit more than a blush and stuttering. This kid really was out of it. She told him the date and that seemed to effect him even more. Kaminari raised an eyebrow when she heard what he said. "A hundred years? Wait..." Kaminari blinked a few times and glanced down the path they had just come from, "You haven't been there for one hundred years, have you? The blood was fresh." How she deduced that? She didn't know, but it would explain the lack of memory to a degree, the stiffness of his body after he's been healed, and his lack in ability to speak like normal. Of course, these could be explained by a few other things, but Kaminari was at the point where she was going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't seem like a bad guy, just a little annoying with the lack of talking. She wasn't used to not having her questions answered. "Come on..." Kaminari glanced him up and down with a curious expression, "Let's hurry and get you back." Feeling like he probably couldn't move as quickly as she could, she stepped over to him and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling one of his arms over her shoulder. Kaminari was tiny, only hitting exactly five foot. So the likelihood of this looking like it would work in anyway was quite low. At least it would be that way till she started moving. Her grip on his waist would suddenly tighten and Kaminari darted off towards the Seireitei at full speed. Truthfully, she expected this to make him sick, but she wasn't exactly patient at the moment. "Just hold on for a bit." she said. Being one of the fastest in the Gotei 13, Kaminari decided to use this also as her own little bit of revenge. Will he ignore her rantings again!! Hahaha! No! He won't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-18
Location : Snowballs?

PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

His despair soon passed over. He had to focus on the present time. As she audibly made her own conclusions, he took a deep breathe and continued walking, now silent. He stared at the ground more trying to avoid eye contact until she uttered some unusually unsettling words.
"Let's hurry and get you back."
"W-wait what?!" He muttered startled as she grabbed hold if him. He was blushing again because of the closeness. He was about half a foot taller and she picked him up the situation awkward in theory and appearance. "What are you-" was all he could get out when suddenly he was speeding off, dangling in the wind.
"Just hold on for a bit"
He was a bit too surprised to be irritated or take note of the pain. He was shocked that she treated him so haphazardly. Every time he thought he finally figured her out she was ready to catch him off his guard. And... She had a real wicked smile on her face this time. Had he made an error in judgement? Was this real? HOW LONG HAD HE BEEN AWAY? WHERE WAS HE GOING? WHAT THE- he rammed into a tree branch and passed out.


Last edited by Wil on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Time's up [Closed]   

Back to top Go down
 
Time's up [Closed]
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: New Horizons :: Soul Society :: Rukongai-
Jump to: